Mike Laverick has released the much-anticipated Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 4.0 book. This is the first book of it’s kind for Site Recovery Manager and is a must read.
For the book Mike has enlisted several virtualization and storage industry authorities for contributions.
The book includes contributions and assistance from:
- Adam Carter (Lefthand Networks/HP)
- Chad Sakac (EMC)
- Alex Tanner (EMC)
- Vaughn Stewart (NetApp)
- Luke Reed (NetApp)
- Lee Dilworth (VMware)
- Cormac Hogan (VMware)
- Jeff Drury
- Tim Oudin
- Luc Dikens
- Al Renouf
- Dave Medvitz
Talk about thorough; glance at the table of contents…
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Getting started with EMC Celerra Replicator
- Chapter 3: Getting started with EMC Clariion MirrorView/S
- Chapter 4: Getting started with HP LeftHand Scheduled Remote Copy
- Chapter 5: Getting started with NetApp and SnapMirror
- Chapter 6: Installing VMware SRM
- Chapter 7: Protection Site Configuration
- Chapter 8: Recovery Site Configuration
- Chapter 9: Custom Recovery Plans
- Chapter 10: Alarms, Exporting History and Access Control
- Chapter 11: Bi-Directional and Multi-Site Configurations
- Chapter 12: Failover and Failback
- Chapter 13: Scripted Site Recovery
Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 4.0 is being made available
at no costat a very reasonable price for download or a soft copy can be purchased on Lulu. Mike and the contributors would like to ask you to make a donation to Mike’s preferred charity UNICEF.
UNICEF works with families, communities and governments in more than 190 countries worldwide to protect and promote the rights of all children. We are guided throughout our work by the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, which guarantees every child the same rights: to an education, to a childhood, to be as healthy as possible, to be treated fairly and to be heard. UNICEF works in all these areas, and does so in a joined up way to achieve the best possible outcomes for children.
The book is a great technical resource for anyone using, planning to use, or requiring an introduction to Site Recovery Manager. Please check it out, doing so will help your and others.